Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy NEW Year!

Hi! It's 2008. Wow. There's at least eight inches of snow on the ground outside my window this morning. DH is outside playing with the snowblower. It so cracks me up that he will be outside blowing that stuff off the drive like it's a big toy. I suppose it is. AND, there's no kids out there, so it's relatively quiet. Hmmmm....better look into this a little more.

I have to admit, I'm glad to see the Christmas season pass by. It was much too busy. I have always liked my job, but hated the way it tends to get out of control and take over my life. When I work, I tend to work loooooonnnnnnnnng hours, 10 to 12 in a day. Don't see my kids, and leave my husband to deal with all of that. It is a vicious cycle, liking it, but not liking it. My nine stores can't seem to stay staffed, which is the biggest thing, and then the Christmas season was just crazy. There was product coming out of the woodwork (or the Fed ex truck, as the case may be), and uncooperative managers, and employees who just don't show up to work. I have started all over this week, and tried to lower the expectations on myself. I know there are deadlines, and I will do my best, but I will not make myself sick.

I don't make new year's resolutions. It is rather a waste of time. If I don't break it in the first ten minutes, then it probably wasn't deserving of a promise, anyway. I am going to change some things though, especially with regards to work. I'm somehow going to get that all under control in this first half of the year. I am going to take more pictures. I sucked at this last year. I am going to do more scrapbooking. I am going to potty train the twins. ( or someone is) I sucked at that, too. I am going to plan the 50th anniversary celebration for church. I am going to find someone to go scrapbook with. That ought to be enough guilt for one year.

Well, New Year's Day, or not, I've got to go to work. Let's see how nutty Wal-mart customers are today. vb

No comments: