Monday, December 1, 2008

Manifesto

Journal Your Christmas 2008----
Starting today, I will take back Christmas. I will remember that this is Jesus' birthday - and that is the whole point. Christmas is about helping others. About being together. About remembering that the world does not revolve around my problems. While these words may mean nothing to you, I hope that someday, someone will read and know that this year, I tried to make some meaning out of all of it. On the other hand, what I write may not be profound. I want to remember things about this year JUST the way they are. I want my kids to remember this as a happy time, not about mom working or stressing about work. BUT--I also want them to know just HOW lucky they are. If I get a Christmas journal made, all the better. If not, I'm ok with that. But I will try to give myself fifteen minutes each day to at least try and write things down. (I wish the "good luck with that" mantra in my head would quit.)

No comments: